This web site provides statewide coverage depicting Mn/DOT Right of Way Map information, and allows you to view, save and print maps through this on-line application.
This information is shown in relation to Mn/DOT's Interactive Basemap. The BaseMap is a planning level set of data developed at a scale of 1:24000. The data set includes information about transportation features (roads, railroads, runways and navigable waters), as well as boundary information (State, County, and Municipal Boundaries, Mn/DOT District Boundaries, Civil, and Congressional Townships, State Forests and Parks, Military Reservations, Indian Reservation Lands, National Forests and Parks), and stream and lake locations.
This site also includes links to extensive data descriptions (metadata) to support our users. All of these resources are provided free of charge and accordingly, are not warranted for any specific use. We strive to produce accurate data and would appreciate any comments that you may have. We hope that you find the site useful!
Ø For specific application help, check out RWMM Help
Ø For Frequently Asked Questions, check out RWMM FAQs
Ø Use of this system/data is subject to the MNDOT disclaimer
Short length instructional videos are available on some tools and procedures.
1) An introduction to the Right of Way Mapping & Monitoring application. ROW Mapping and Monitoring ROW intro
2) Basics for locating and viewing a map.† ROW Mapping and Monitoring finding a map
3) Procedure for printing a map.† ROW Mapping and Monitoring printing
4) Instructions for downloading a map file.† ROW Mapping and Monitoring downloading a map
5) Shows how to get a quick list of maps for a single location.† ROW Mapping and Monitoring linking
6) Using the Current R/W boundary data layer.† Mapping and Monitoring current boundary
7) A quick method for finding a map with Section, Township, and Range.† ROW Mapping and Monitoring using the PLS
8) Using the application to convert map file formats.† ROW Mapping and Monitoring how to convert
9)†† ** NEW ** How to read and understand right of way maps. Basic RW
†††††† Also, for an alternate source of right of way maps as well as other maps including Commissionerís Orderís, Road and Bridge Plans,
†††††† Survey Records and Utility Permit Records go to MnDOTís Electronic Document Access (EDMS) site.
†††††† For a comparison of the content of RWMM and EDMS site click here.